Itinerary Best of Colorado multi-adventure
- Day 1 –Arrive or meet at Denver International Airport; transfer to Buena Vista and go for a short hike with
some bouldering. Overnight near Arkansas River and have the opportunity for fishing and swimming.
- Day 2 — We do a morning mountain bike ride on the Midland trail just outside of Buena Vista then raft in
the afternoon on the Arkansas river! A visit to the hot springs in Buena Vista rounds out the day we camp again near the Arkansas river.
- Day 3 — We wake early then we transfer to Penitente Canyon and set up camp there. We spend the day climbing the amazing routes in Penitente canyon, steep and vertical climbing on good edges, in the afternoon we have the option to mountain bike or hike. We camp at Penitente canyon.
- Day 4– We climb again at Penitente canyon in the morning before we transfer back to the Valley of chickens area and camp at Spruce grove, we have an optional hike or mountain bike ride then dip in the river to cool off (tubing).
- Day 5– Today we begin our backpacking and summit hike. We spend the morning packing at Spruce grove then transfer to Lost Creek trailhead. We hike out of the Lost Creek trailhead and
camp near the base of Bison peak.
- Day 6– We wake up early and climb Bison peak (12,431ft), then return to camp and pack up for the hike
out. We return to the van and trailhead and camp at Kenosha pass and have our final campfire.
- Day 7–We have an early breakfast and final packing before departing to Denver in time to fly home or be
picked up (unless continuing onto another OWA program!)